About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Sunday 28 September 2014

Baby and Child Cake (No added Sugar, All Natural)

One thing I am very aware is sugar with a child. Having a sweet tooth myself and seeing the damage sugar does, I am determined not the let my child have too much as all children are perfectly happy without (if they don't know the taste). On birthdays my 'rule' can be hard to stick too. However, I have made sugar free cakes with success for two birthdays now, and have received many comments on how people prefer my sugar free cake to the normal cake mixture

Here is my recipe:

INGREDIENTS 

Four ripe banana's mashed
One apple puree (HIPP Organic)
Vanilla Extract
One cup of self raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3/4 of a coup of oats
1tsp cinnamon
One egg

METHOD 
Add the flour, egg, and, oats and puree into a bowl. Get an electric mixture and whizz up these ingredients. Next add the banana, vanilla, and cinnamon and whiz for a further two minutes. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25/30 minutes. 

    Icing:
    1 1/2 tablespoons of meringue powder
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon of lemon juice
    2 cups of powdered splenda
    1/4 cup of warm water
    Food colouring

Mix the powdered splenda and meringue powder. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and food colouring. Now add water and beat for 5 minutes (until stiff peak forms) In th ebowl of the mixer, whip together the sugar an meringue powder. The icing will be ready now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment