About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Thursday 30 June 2016

12 Week Update

Hello all,

YAY! Three months have passed which means only six more to go! This is also the first chance to see the baby.

Previous to the 12 week ultrasound appointment you see your midwife at 8 weeks pregnant for a booking appointment which is long and tedious and a bit of a disappointment when you are excited and impatient.  Although it may not seem it 12 weeks is a long time to wait especially as you usually do not announce that you are pregnant until you have reached this milestone.

The appointment was held at my local hospital ( Tunbridge Wells Hospital) which has one of the best reputations in the South East. The hospital fulfilled all the good things I had heard about it. We went straight into the ultrasound and got to see our baby within minutes. Yes, our baby, singular! I was massively relieved as already was showing so hearing that there was just one baby filled me with joy. The moment we got to see the baby was, well words cannot describe! The baby was moving around and stretching and we got to see the tiny human with tiny legs that we created. Both of us had a tear to our eye! I completely forgot how advance they are even at this stage. My nub theory post scan photos were based on this scan. Overall the hospital was very efficient. We got copies of our scan photos and were able to book our twenty week appointment at the front desk. My photos, the ultrasound, buildings and department were a million times better than with Alexander who was under the Conquest Hospital in Hastings.

Meanwhile, from about four weeks pregnant I had terrible 'morning sickness' which was despite the name actually worse in the evening. The sickness was draining and affecting my day to day well being. I would simply get home from work and go straight to bed unable to cook or eat dinner. The best way I found to 'manage' would be to east the bulk of my food in the morning. My go to food was my home made pregnancy soup (which contains loads of vitamins and ginger in a non overwhelming way), sesame seed and salt rice crackers, apple with almond butter, banana or lemon sorbet. My advice to anyone else feeling nauseous is to eat little amounts. One thing I did discover is a complete aversion to meat, the smell of meat and the thought of meat.

Anyways, here are some photos to share with you of what I have been doing when feeling semi-ok


Playing on 'wellington rocks' in Tunbridge Wells

Baths make everything better

So do non-alcoholic cocktails

Especially when it is my 25th birthday :) 


Please update me with your updates and every findings for nausea you have found! :)

Love Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment