About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Sunday 5 June 2016

Unravelling gender mysteries

Hello friends,

After extensively studying the nub and skull theory following my 12 week scan (and old wives' tales recounted to me in the hundreds!) I couldn't come to a clear conculsion what gender my bump could be.. I have been very nautious (girl?) but at the same time I am carrying low and the baby appear to me to have more of a rectangular skull and jaw (so boy!?).

Having been through this rollercoaster ride (and now knowing the outcome!) I thought I'd share what I learned with all you potential mothers:

Take a look in the link - but a summary of the theories is as follows:
  • A foetus with a pubic nub sticking up at an angle of 30 degrees or more is said to likely be a boy 
  • If the nub is forked (not stacked, more details in the article) and flat or pointing downwards it is more likely to be a girl.
  • There is also the skull theory; a girl is said to have a circular skull whereas boys are more rectangular. 

 
I think mine was both at an angle and forked.. which left me a bit confused! (Please note the theory is just that at this time - not conclusive). What do you think, looking at my photo?

My 12 week scan photo, clearly showing girl's forked nub at the end but also at an angle 
which, when put to the voters on the babybump app, was deemed boy-like.


Now onto the exciting part! I had my gender scan and I know the sex.  See the photos below for my announcement!


Get ready....

The paint on my top is to be revealed! 

It's a girl!!  



I am absolutely thrilled to be having a baby girl! I feel so complete and Alexander is excited to be a big brother to a little sister! 💗💗 :-)


Leave a comment if you've had any experiences with these theories - do you know of any successes or obvious failures using them? Report back any new findings in your-baby meeting travels too!

Have a great day whereever you are, from us 4(!)




No comments:

Post a Comment