About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Tuesday 6 September 2016

31 Week Update

Gosh! 31 Weeks.


Health and Cravings

I found out that i am really quite anaemic. This comes as no surprise as I am anaemic at the best of times. I am now on three iron tablets a day!

On top of that my anaemia is linked to something called Pica disease which explains my ice cravings. I literally am getting through four trays (or more) a day. Pica is common during pregnancy and those with low iron. It should go away after. It also explains my obsession with smells such as bleach, steam, hoovers, london tube, laundry bathroom flash etc. I am addicted to these smells (more than usual) it is actually quite weird. I feel like my iron tablets are my 'crazy pills' and I am hoping they will kick in.

Mood

My mood is all good and positive. I am starting to organise things. Been doing loads of DIY restorations on baby items such as wardrobe, cot, dresser etc. Also planning our new master suite which I am thrilled with the design.

This week

My baby boy starts school. I cannot believe he is four years old! He looks just adorable in his uniform and hat. I know i am going to cry on his first day but need to hold it together for him. Gosh I have spent the last four months working from home and with him everyday. Cannot believe he will be going off. I also keep getting these waves of sadness that it is not going to be just three of us and that he will have to share me. I know my heart will just stretch for both of them and I am so excited yet part of me feels like I will lose this special connection with my boy.

This week will also mark my baby shower. My very PINK baby shower. I am so excited for it. Been planning food and games as every self-respecting event manager would.

That is all to update. Check out the photos below.








No comments:

Post a Comment