About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Thursday 15 September 2016

Pink Baby Shower

Hey,

I celebrated my baby shower last weekend as well as my little boys first day at school. It was a busy week!

For my baby shower I started preparing on Wednesday. Firstly I kitted the place in Pink! Then I got games/party ideas off the internet. Most of my games came from Amazon.

Food-wise:

I did a 'Taco Bar' with Taco shells acting as cots. I made a massive slow cooked chilli con carne, cheese fondue, guacamole, soured cream, peppers and veg and bread and nachos. It was a help yourself deal.

Dessert:

Jack and I made an epic cake (see photos below with stages). I also did a sweetie station. Inside the cake was a milk bottle meant to be the next person to have a baby. funny enough my son got it which is pretty accurate as his baby sister is due in less than two months.

Drinks: 

I made four varieties of non-alcoholic cocktails. These were Pina Colada, Damson and orange punch, Fruit Punch and Pink lemonade.

Entertainment: 

The games we played were
- Facts about Mummy
- Blindfolded nappy change
- Baby Shower Charades
- Guess whose baby image
- Stick The Dummy blindfolded
- Baby shower predictions (with a prize after for who was closest). This one is great as have them all to look at.
- I also had baby ice melts with first one melting shouting 'my waters broke'. I didn't get round to playing this game.

Favours:

I made little favour packets with candles for everyone to light on the night she is born. I also put pink bonbon and sweets in the packs.

Theme and Dress:

The theme was pink. I put on the invitation IMPRESS
IM- Bring an Image
P- PINK- Wear something Pink
ESS- DREss

I wore a tight fitted dress which was deep red. I had a clashing Pink sash saying 'yummy mummy to be'




Decor 









Cake 


Games 



What did you do for your baby shower? Really enjoyed planning mine :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your baby shower. Even I am planning to arrange baby shower for my daughter next month. I need to book an amazing venues in Atlanta to arrange this event. I will invite all her friends and family. Hope to have a great event.

    ReplyDelete