About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Nursery Reveal and 37 Week Update

Hey friends,

It's been a while since I last posted. We have all been very busy with Alexanders new founded social life,  house DIY and spending quality time together as a three.

Health and wellbeing 

The itchiness has been gradually getting worse and bile levels higher each week. This is linked to a condition named Obstetric Cholestasis which starts in late pregnancy and can be dangerous for the baby. Click here for more information on OC.  I have been told I could be induced at any point now which prompted a massive panic weekend of preparation. I am glad to say I am all ready just waiting on hearing from the midwife. Apart from that I am pretty uncomfortable and finding it difficult to sleep at night. Thank god for daytime naps.

Mood 

I feel very positive! I started local NCT class (something I missed out on with Alexander) which has helped. Alexander has been showing signs that he is a bit unsettled  (clingy) so been trying to focus on him and spending time!  He is so very helpful and loved preparing his baby sisters room! He keeps asking for cuddles and kisses so I keep reassuring him. He has been having a few random tantrums especially when we leave for "baby class". He is an absolute superstar though and is so caring and kind natured. My heart bursts every time I get him from school and he smiles and runs up to me. Below is an article I read and sums up how I am feeling and how we are all doing this together side by side.

Click here http://www.baby.co.uk/mum_stories/a-letter-to-my-toddler-as-he-becomes-a-big-brother/#prclt-vA3Y1IRH

House 

We have been busy trying change to study into the nursery which has led to us doing a renovation project upstairs to make a new study and master suite. At the moment things are a bit of a mess however we hope to finish by Christmas! I am loving the autumn vibe, pies, candles and cosy night evenings under the blanket.












That's how things are coming along. I plan to do a what's in my hospital bag and essentials post in the next few days. 

Love Dani 




No comments:

Post a Comment