About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Monday 24 October 2016

38 Weeks - Induction

Hello everyone,

Just got back from the hospital (after spending numerous hours in and out over the last few days) and found out that firstly I definitely have cholestasis and will be induced on Wednesday. Feeling pretty over whelmed right now it is so surreal. So 8.30am Wednesday we will go in if things haven't kicked off alrea

dy (had a sweep and already 3cm dilated). Then we will have the induction and baby (no name) will be here.

So since i last posted I ended up going to the triage on Thursday where it was detected that my bile levels had risen significantly. I also had an iron transfusion today due to seriously low iron which could be dangerous through birth. As soon as the midwife heard I was 38 weeks she said ' you are need to be induced ASAP' so looks like we will have an October baby not November. The reason for this is the bile can be dangerous for the baby and increase the risk of stillborn.

Trying to keep everything as normal as possible for Alexander. He thinks he is going for a sleepover at Mama and Papa's on Wednesday. Will see how long it takes and then at some point when I am in active labour they will make the call to let him know. Have a present packed in my bag from 'the baby'.


Here are some last picture of the bump.



Wish me luck. I am super nervous. My growth scan estimated 5 pounds 8 (last week and they grow approx 1 pound a week) so she may be smaller than Alexander who came out at 8 pounds of awesomeness.




2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The Cassidy's are really excited for you. I hope everything goes well and I am looking forward to seeing a picture of healthy mum and baby after! Xxx

    ReplyDelete