About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Birth Story - Ana Beaa

Hello,

Today I am sharing my birth story with you all! So as you know from my previous post I had OC and was being induced as it was unsafe for the baby. I had a sweep on Monday 24th October and contractions started. They were roughly every twenty minutes until the Wednesday when I started to get them even more frequently! I was only 3cm dilated throughout the duration. On Wednesday we arrived at hospital for my schedules induction.

The delivery room was busy so we spent the day on the antenatal ward being monitored and trying to sleep. By now the contractions were getting stronger although no pattern nor progress! Eventually at 12.45am Thursday morning we were told there was space on delivery ward to get my waters broken. We were told this would probably end up in walking round for two hours before going on the hormone drip.

We headed to delivery where my waters were broken. Five minutes later I had the most intense contraction ever and her head came dropping down. I asked for an epidural at this point having had a previous quick delivery. My contractions came almost back to back from that point. Jack and I were in the room and I went for gas and air (something I didn't want as it makes me sick and dizzy) ! Suddenly I felt like I was pushing. Jack called for the midwife and the babies head was crowning. The next twenty minutes were the most painful excruciating thing I never want to experience again. It was too late for the epidural and I was having back contractions (hope you never have these as they are the most painful type typical of quick labour). She came out at 1.55am. The after contractions were terrible which I had for another two hours.

The moments following the birth were not the best. I was in immense pain from the whole ordeal. After three hours or so I have enough energy to fight the pain and properly be with my new bundle of joy. She was utter perfection. Below is a photo










Born 27th October at 6 pounds 7 with no pain relief. In the days following she dropped down to 5 pounds 15. She was the tiniest thing I have ever held and fit in the palm of my hand.

We have name our baby girl Anastasia Beatrice, Ana- Be a for short.

No comments:

Post a Comment