About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Friday 1 July 2016

20 Week Pregnancy Update

Hello,

Oh My Gosh!

I am half way through the pregnancy. I am getting so excited. If you didn't already see my post click here for my gender announcement and early gender theories.


We had another scan at the Tunbridge Wells Hospital. The scan took 45 minutes as we have the most wriggly stubborn baby who would not keep still for the sonographer to get the measurements. At one point she had enough (and I don't blame her and they press kind of hard) so she put her hand to push the ultrasound device away. At other points during the scan she would kick, turn, twist, sulk, suck her thumb and pose. My Mum says she is just like me and to get ready for no sleep, tantrums, attitudes and trouble.

Eventually (although I secretly like seeing her) we go the measurements and she looks like she is doing well. I don't want to get my hopes up but she is looking on the smaller side (instead of my 8pound surprise) which if she stays dinky will make labour easily. However Alexander piled on the pounds in those last few weeks.


Here is my little angel cuddling the placenta 


Mood wise I have been feeling ok. Pregnancy makes me often feel emotional for no reason at all so working on controlling this. The sickness has eased but I am now contending with reflux. I sleep with a pregnancy pillow to try and ease it. Apart from that my tummy is feeling very heavy and I am definitely growing. I carry so low so constantly needing to pee which is disruptive. For the scan you are meant to go on a full bladder. I tried drinking a glass of water before I left and within twenty minutes I was desperate to pee. By the time I arrived I rushed straight for the loo. Fail!!

Here are some pictures of the bump at twenty weeks. 

New look Maternity dress on sale here

Primark swimsuit (not maternity) but very flattering 

Topshop maternity and nursing dress click here

Thanks for reading. My next post will be a little baby girls haul as I am going to start doing some shopping. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment