About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Wednesday 20 July 2016

24 Week Pregnancy Update and Alexanders 4th birthday

Hello everybody,

I have just hit 24 weeks! Here's whats new:

Appointments: I had a midwife check up which included the standard; urine sample, blood pressure, listening to bubba's heart, going through symptoms and concerns. Of course, my little girl couldn't keep still for the doppler and kept pushing the midwife off. Honestly, she is so super active - all day long. I don't know how she has that much energy. She has started kicking up into my lungs and I literally have to massage her out. What a diva! Maybe i should just call her Divanna!


Heath and Mental state: Unfortunately I have had migraines for the last week. Apparently it is quite normal. All I can take is paracetemol and gel sheets. They are so painful and make me feel really nauseous. Does anyone have any tricks? I feel so bad when I have one i just want to close my eyes which leaves poor Alexander really bored.

My mental state is good :). I am getting very excited now as getting closer. Until i had Alexander I didn't know it but all I have ever wanted is to have a family and feel so many different kinds of complete. Admittedly, it all happened a bit earlier than expected however I would not change that for the world as never felt so happy and that feeling that 'wow this is what life is about, this is my calling, my destiny, my happiness".


Cravings: I have always been one for smells- I cannot explain it but certain smells are so addictive for me such as:

the inside of a TR7, petrol,  smell of fresh washing and tumble drying, new car, the smell of rain, smell of spas, smell of steam, smell of heating, smell of air-con, tennis balls etc.

Well guess what- I get smell cravings. My pregnancy smell craving is once again the smell of hoovering. I can't explain it but i find it so pleasant and addictive. I have two vacuum cleaners are i enjoy the smell of both of them. It is totally weird although gets my hoovering about 3 times a day. My OCD nesting had returned as well - if i see any dirt I feel the need to go over the whole room again.

My other smell craving is the smell of heat in the car. I love getting into a hot car for that reason. I know its probably really bad for you. I am also loving the smell of the washing when it gets out of tumble drying. I literally walk round sniffing my clean towels and flannels. I think everyone had probably booked me a place at the mental institute at this rate.

Other things to note:

Alexander turned four! Yes a whole four years old. We celebrated by having a pirate party. and totally had treasure to find, party bags, pass the parcel, kids food, fun musical games. Seriously kids have the right idea of how to party.

 I got him an apple tree to plant as he has been going on about planting one all year. I also got him a cool smiggle pop out pencil case and some games. He got tonnes of presents from everyone - all of which needs storing.

Here are some pictures of my home cooking and party planning.










Please let me know what party themes are ideas you would have done for four year olds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment