About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Monday 4 July 2016

Kids Activities In The Summer And 22 Week Pregnancy Update

Hooray, the sun finally came out! I started to believe that it would never happen as the weather here in the UK has been awful.

To celebrate the sun I took Alexander strawberry picking. This is such a fun inexpensive thing to do with kids. He loved rummaging through the plants to find the big red strawberries. For those of you local to Tunbridge Wells I went to Dowingsbury Farm in Pembury. They are a wide range of fruit and veg to pick. I love seeking the best fruit, the freshness of it and supporting local business.

We also attempted some gardening this week. I am useless at gardening however it is very therapeutic. Alexander loves to help me and gets fully involved. He did some painting too in the garden which actually turned out to be quite artistic.

The bump is certainly growing. This pregnancy turned out to be a completely different experience for me. With Alexander I was so stressed doing my final exams, late nights in the library and facing my pregnancy entirely alone. I was constantly worries about and didn't connect with Alexander the bump until he was Alexander the Maximus! I refer to life as BA (before Alexander) as at the time i was completing my BA Broadcast Journalism degree. I can remember feeling so alone when all my friends were out partying/clubbing and I was totally embarrassed to walk around uni with my bump so wore baggy clothing/tried to hide the bump. I didn't tell anyone on my course I was so embarrassed.

This pregnancy is a breath of fresh air. I am connecting with my bump and now afraid to show it off. I feel so excited and already want to start doing the nursery ( with Alexander I didn't buy anything unless i had to just before he was born). At night Jack and I feel my bump and he helps me out with Alexander/ doing things when I feel exhausted.

What I take from the experience of Alexander was I couldn't love my boy more. No one should feel embarrassed and alone whilst pregnancy as you are never alone. Enjoy the miracle of life whatever situation you are in as it is truly beautiful! I wish I could have told my twenty year old self that and that everything would be ok.












Please let me know fun things you do with your kids? We love being outdoors when we are not baking and think it is super important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment