About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Greetings, Thank you for stopping by my little space on the World Wide Web. My blog is intended to be a friendly, informative space where you can pick up tips and tricks. I am Dani and 25 years old. Just like most other twenty somethings I thought I had a life plan after university and planned to take my Broadcast Journalism degree to the city. However, things do not happen like that as in my final year I learned I was pregnant and would be facing it alone. My blog covers the ups and downs without sugar coating (although i do love sugar). Finishing a degree and starting a master with a two month old baby was hard and I intend to cover all aspects of the unexpectedness and unconventional start of my family. I am in a place where I could not be happier with my family; Jack, Alexander and baby bear in my tummy. I will concentrate on my pregnancy, getting back in shape, diet and exercise and pulling it all together with no sleep. Alongside, I also plan to share my personal wedding planning journey. . Having worked as an Event manager I am thrilled to be organising my own wedding. I plan to do most of it myself and will talk you through DIY tips and tricks.

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Bridesmaid Proposal

Get ready.. for my first wedding related post.

The post is a DIY bridesmaid proposal box idea. I wanted to get these boxes out to my bridesmaids as soon as possible so we could have proper wedding planning sessions. We are just in the process of securing our venue too. Can't believe it is a whole year away though. I am sure the time will fly.

Here is for the boxes


I got the boxes from my local hobbycraft click here

I then painted the boxes (with three coats) of acrylic paint. I chose a pearly pink for the box and gold for the top. I then lined the inside with pink and gold tissue people and shredded pink tissue on top.

Sourcing what was going inside was the hardest part. Here is what I put in

- A bottle of prosecco each for morning of wedding
- Matching PJ shorts to wear for wedding planning sessions and sleepovers 
- Pink bath salts 
- A ballon filled with confetti and a message
- Popcorn with "he popped the question now its my turn". Attached to the popcorn was an envelope with a bracelet saying "will you be my bridesmaid". 
- Jelly beans 
- A card with a message about what the person means to me and how much I want them by my on my wedding day. 
















What did you do for your bridesmaid proposals?


No comments:

Post a Comment